Privacy & CookiesThe Goldschmidt & Howland group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and our use of your personal information is governed by this Privacy Notice.
Goldschmidt & Howland is a controller for the personal information that it collects and uses about you. We will treat your personal information as confidential and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
If there are any changes to the way in which your personal information is used, this Privacy Notice will be updated.
The collection of personal information:
We will collect your name and contact details from you whenever you engage with us.
In addition, if we are providing a service to you and where we are required to do so by law, we will collect information relating to your identity. This will be at least one form of photographic identification (such as a passport or a driving licence) and one form of documentation with proof of your residence (such as a council tax or utility bill).
Depending on the service that we provide to you we may also collect additional personal information such as:
Selling or Letting
If you are selling or letting a property;
- We will collect contact details in order to get in touch with you to arrange viewings, feedback and to forward offers.
- If you are not the legal owner of the property we will request additional details from you as to your ability to sell or let the property (such as a Power of Attorney or Grant of Probate).
- We will need to collect your bank account details for the payment of rents due to you.
Buying or Renting
If you wish rent a property;
- Any specific / access requirements so that we can best find a property that is suitable for you.
- Your bank / building society / similar account details to allow us to manage an approved tenancy deposit account for you and to set up your rental payments.
- Under the 'Right to Rent' scheme introduced by the Immigration Act 2014, we are required to collect and hold personal details/documents which confirm that you have the legal right to rent a property in the UK. This will include but not be limited to passport(s) biometric residence card, current immigration documents. The documents required will depend on your circumstance.
If you wish to purchase a property;
- Any specific access requirements you may have so that we can best find a property that is suitable for you.
- At the point of an offer on a property we will collect information to identify you (and/or the controllers / beneficiaries if the purchaser is an entity) to meet anti-money laundering and counter terrorist requirements.
If you ask us to manage property on your behalf we may ask for additional contact information in case we need to get in touch with you in an urgent or emergency situation.
How your personal information is used:
Under data protection legislation we can only use your personal information if we have a
legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases to use your information;
- To comply with legal obligations.
- If the information is needed to carry out our obligations and perform any contracts entered into between you and us and provide you with the services you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- For employment purposes.
- Where the processing is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in Goldschmidt & Howland’s legitimate interests to do so including:
- Promoting our brand including sending you marketing information that we believe will be of interest or benefit to you. You have the right to opt out of receiving this information at any time.
- If it is necessary in order for the efficient administrative aspects of our business such as to verify the accuracy of information, for efficiency such as the outsource of administrative functions to third parties who specialise in such services and/or if it is needed for official purposes.
How your personal information is used depends on the service you have requested from us:
If you are Selling, Letting, Buying or Renting
- Your personal information will be used by us to fulfil our obligations to you in orderfor us to sell or let your property or for the purposes of arranging a contract forsale or a lease for you.
- If you are buying a property we will share your personal information with both sides’appointed solicitors as is necessary to facilitate both the sale and purchase.
- If you are renting a property we will share your personal data with third partyreferencing agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime,fraud and/or money laundering and checking your suitability to rent the property.
- If we manage property we may need to pass your contact information from time to time to third party contractors to carry out maintenance on your properties.
Other uses of your personal information include
- To comply with our regulatory and legal obligations.
- Where we use third party services providers, such as IT systems suppliers and third part referencing agencies who process personal information on our behalf.
- We may need to share your personal information with any person working within the Goldschmidt & Howland group to enable us to perform our obligations to you.
- If we sell any part of our business and/or integrate it with another organisation your details may be disclosed to our advisers / prospective purchasers. If this occurs the new owners of the business will only be permitted to use your information in the same way as set out in this Privacy Notice.
- Your personal information will be held on our client management systems and used to provide you from time to time with marketing information we believe will be of interest or of benefit to you. You have the opportunity to amend or opt out of receiving this information at any time.
We keep your information secure
The security of your information is important to us and so we do our best to have measures in place which are designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information depends on the service you have sought from us. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing the service to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain personal information.
You can ask us to correct your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate or to restrict our data processing activity. If you have any comments about the way we use your personal information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can try our best to resolve the issue for you.
How we use them
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a piece of data stored by a website such as ours within your browser, and then subsequently sent back to the same website by your browser in order that our systems are able to recognise your browser and to provide services, such as remembering your name or what you have selected as your favourite items, for the next time you visit the website.
- Identifying you when you sign-in to our site. This allows us to provide you with recommendations, display personalised content, recognise you as a user, and enable you to add properties using bookmarking technology, such as adding to a "My Favourites" feature, among other customised features and services we provide.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honour your likes and dislikes, such as whether or not you would like to properties that match your criteria. You may generally exercise your preferences through Your Account.
- Remembering your registration details such as your address so you do not have to type it in again, the next time you use a form of ours.
Cookies we use
Expiry: Browser session only
Purpose: Is an ID to maintain a reference for the users’ connection to our servers so we can maintain a state for the user and provide them with a seamless user experience between page refreshes and reload information they have previously requested.
Our website displays information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Products and services are displayed to you based on information from activities such as using any search, bookmarking or adding to favourites facility on our websites, interacting with order forms or terms and conditions.
or graphics relating to the reason you are using our website. For example, if we know what information you prefer to see we can be careful not to show you irrelevant information.
We do not show third party adverts on our site and we do not provide any personal information to advertisers. Further, we do not provide any personal information to third party sites that advertise our properties.
Cookies and Browser Settings
The Help menu located on the menu bar of most internet browsers will inform you how to restrict your browser from accepting new cookies from websites, how to set the browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. In addition, you may disable or delete related data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer for further help
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal information please contact us at email@example.com so we can try our best to resolve the issue for you.
You can visit www.allaboutcookies.org which provides general information about cookies and how you can manage cookies on your computer.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.